Inspiration - how to style a bow belt

I felt like needed some cuteness and happiness in my life at the moment, so I bought some bow belts made out of soft ruched leather.

Cuteness and happiness in belt form

Then my Mother dropped off her June/July issue of Harper's Bazaar and on page 40 I spied the original Burberry Prorsum version.


Then I got all excited about how Burberry Prorsum might have styled these whimsical accessories (and about the concept of "fashion" for the first time in a long time), so I had a look online.  Wear it over a skirt, a dress, a coat or a gown - you name it.

Burberry Prorsum - Pre-fall 2012 collection

Then I found a picture of Kate Bosworth looking magnificent in head-to-toe Burberry Prorsum and thought to myself, I must find a skirt like that!



Then I visited Net-a-Porter and I found out that said skirt costs a thousand bucks! Given my history with pencil skirts I thought I better not risk it (also spending that much money on a skirt seemed a little bit insane to me).

A cool grand will buy you this textured pencil skirt by Burberry Prorsum

Then I tagged along with my boyfriend on his quest to buy new glasses to the local shopping mall (I figured he might need the company).  Whilst occupying the time before his optometrists appointment, I found a similar skirt and for a fraction of the cost of the Burberry Prorsum original!

www.cue.cc

Now all I need is an owl jumper (!) but I'd happily settle for one with a different creature on it, maybe a squirrel?

Picture taken on a walk through Grant Park, Chicago, IL.

Don't you just love it when you get on a fashion roll?  It's been a while for me.

10 comments:

  1. That skirt is so similar - great find!!! I love the bow belt trend, by the way! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow, that skirt is such a great find! it will look fantastic with the bow belt x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the bow belt. I like bows and something nipped at the waist. The skirt is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  4. so chic and sweet! love those belts!

    do you want to follow each other (on bloglovin' and gfc)? let me know!
    see you around!

    www.apossiblefantasy.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for the lovely compliment. What a lovely thing to say.

    I've never seen these bow belts before. They add a point of interest instead of the boring ol' buckle.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very nice post :) And lovely belt and skirt, by the way! Hope you find a nice jumper to go with the pair very soon. xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. oh dear, I am in love with these textures, even to the point of forgiving the application of the owl to that sweater! I really like the orange accents on the second skirt, too. And the bow belt, I would never have imagined it to work so well, but it does, doesn't it? - K Bosworth looks wonderful in that pic, again, such gorgeous textures......kind of makes me a little less afraid of winter approaching (the last few here have been dreadfully cold and bleak).

    ReplyDelete
  8. lURVE <3 Please tell me where did you get these belts?! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I got them from Cue... given that they are Winter stock you may now need to go to one of their clearance stores or maybe do a searcha nd save it on ebay? I saw one go for $15 last week :)

      Delete
    2. Thanks so much, I'm going to try hunt one down :)

      Delete