Toiletries & Makeup Packing List


We depart for our holiday in less than a week! First off, I'm publishing my toiletries and makeup packing list.  Of course these packing lists will be different for everyone, depending on what products one uses, but they are a good start.

Back in 2012 when I holidayed in the United States, I only packed sample sizes or almost finished cosmetics.  This turned out to be a great idea given that within 24 hours of our plane landing I found myself in Sephora hemorrhaging money.

Our first stop on our Europe itinerary is Nice, France, and well, I can almost hear the French pharmacies calling my name in the distance...  I will be packing very lightly in the skincare department, knowing that I will certainly buy a few new products in France.

Toiletries Packing List  
  • Deodorant
  • Toothpaste
  • Toothbrush
  • Floss
  • Dry shampoo (travel sized)
  • Cleansing Oil/Makeup Remover (deluxe sized sample from Biotherm)
  • Exfoliating Cleanser (deluxe sized sample from Biotherm)
  • Facial Oil (remainder of my Kosmea Organic Rose Hip Oil) 
  • Moisturiser (a small deluxe sized sample from Clinique)
  • Eye Cream (a tiny sample tube from Caudalie)
  • Body wash (deluxe sized sample) 
  • Fragrance (a couple of sample vials)
  • Shampoo and conditioner (sample sachets)
  • Comb
  • Hair ties
  • A few bobby pins
  • Tweezers
  • Nail clippers

When it comes to makeup, I plan to play it safe and pack the items I use on daily basis here at home.

I'm packing my every day favourite cosmetics



Makeup Packing List

Foundation and tinted moisturiser.  A small sample tube of tinted moisturiser and my current foundation (Bourjois Healthy Mix).

Concealer.  I can't live without my Ellis Fass concealer...

Hourglass Ambient Lighting Powder palette.  This is one of my favourite recent purchases.  I have fair skin, so the powders in this palette work for me as a setting powder, highlighter and bronzer.

Blush.  A small travel compact of a pinky neutral Tarte powder.

Eyeshadow.  I'm taking my Clinque Chubby Stick in 'Ample Ambre' (a favourite), my NARS shadow pencil in 'Skorpios' and Laura Mercier Caviar Eye Sticks in 'Amethyst' and 'Sugar Frost'.  These four colours will create a lot of looks and the products require no brushes for application.

Mascara.  A deluxe sized sample tube.

NARS lipstick.  My favourite YLBB shade for day ('Dolce Vita').

MAC lipstick. My favourite bright shade for night or day ('Vegas Volt').

I am packing the bare minimum make-up brushes with me - just the MAC 187 duo fibre brush which I use for powder and a Tarte blush brush.

2 comments:

  1. I do this as well - take things at the end or that I'm happy to toss.

    How exciting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I take sample sized products when I travel too!!

    Great list and oh my gosh I can't wait to hear about Nice. Please do posts when you get back and have an amazing time xx

    ReplyDelete